Traffic control is required both for the safety of the traveling public and the employees performing the work.
- Traffic control devices should be clean, visable and in compliance with the Federal Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD)
- Installation of a lane closure or detour shall be in compliance with local or state standards
- For residential or business districts, advanced notifications of lane closures and parking restrictions is essential to a successful project and happy residents.
- Pilot or flag traffic at controlled speeds through work zone
- Completed portions of stabilized base can be opened to low speed car traffic provided the curing material is not impaired
- Completed portions of stabilized base can be opened to construction equipment provided the completed work is not damaged and the curing material is not impaired
- Truck traffic should be kept to a minimum until the stabilized base has cured